dotnet + mapserv cgi

piero.cavalieri at gmail.com piero.cavalieri at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 17 04:38:47 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I done simple application for .net (C#) using mapserver CGI, dbox (the
'old' one) and ajax. It's anytihing special (done mainly in raining
weekends), it looks like gmap demo, but there is no postback at all
(it's based on a free ajax library). I used xml files both for web
template and query templates (also layers and extents are defined in a
xml config file). It's only few lines of code, so it's simple to
understand for beginners (like me!), and there's space to enache it
(geocode, "continuos" panning like google maps, but I should study
ka-map code for this, because I don't know how to solve labelling
problem on the edges and client side caching, at the moment (and I know,
I'll not have time for this...)). Also I would like to have it running
with mono, before going on (time permitted...)
Image: http://pierocavalieri.altervista.org/images/img2.jpg and img3.jpg

If anyone interested I could publish code (I have to ask in company
where I work, first, because we use this for a demo, sometimes).

Cheers
    Piero