intersecting NED and tiger data

Mark Dieterich mdieterich at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 17 20:41:37 EDT 2006

I'm interested in intersecting the NED data with the tiger road data.
The only elevation data I'm interested in is anything that lies along a
road, so it seems a shame not to a preprocess things to reduce amount of
data my various portions of code need to deal with.  I think I'd be
happy with a ton of point data in the form of tiled shapefiles, it must
be less data than the entire elevation maps.

Any suggestions on how I can message things would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark