Attribute field missing when querying PostGIS DB using PHP/MapScript

Sebastian Albrecht albrecht at FIELAX.DE
Wed Apr 19 04:21:12 EDT 2006

Hello everybody,

when querying a PostGIS layer using PHP/Mapscript queryByRect and
reading the selected shape using getShape the last attribute field of
the layer is always missing in the values-Array of the shape.

This is my data string for PostGIS:

DATA "tree.position FROM
	(
	SELECT oid, position, size, age, observer, village
	FROM tree_data                             ^^^^^^^
	WHERE observer='albrecht'
	)
       AS tree USING srid=4326 USING UNIQUE oid"

The values-Array of the shape from query result (var_dump):

["values"]=>
   array(5) {
     ["oid"]=>
     string(8) "10209993"
     ["position"]=>
     string(50) "0101002020E6100100849ECDAACF541540718FA20F5DC44A40"
     ["size"]=>
     string(1) "5"
     ["age"]=>
     string(1) "3"
     ["observer"]=>
     string(8) "albrecht"

   }

Using ethereal (network capture tool) I found out the database SQL
request of MapServer is correct (including "village").

My current solution is to add one more field to the SQL line
 > SELECT oid, position, size, age, observer, village, ' ' AS dummy
so the missing field is "dummy" and not "village".

Is that behaviour known and is there an explanation for the problem?

Best regards,

Sebastian

FIELAX Gesellschaft fuer wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH
Schifferstr. 10-14, 27568 Bremerhaven, GERMANY

Sebastian Albrecht

Phone:    +49 (0)471 30015-16
Fax:      +49 (0)471 30015-22
EMail:    albrecht at fielax.de