character spacing in labels

Thu Apr 20 16:12:08 EDT 2006

Yes I have noticed this with Hwy VV which looks like Hwy W on the map.
I use Arial ttf also. I get complaints about this. It would be nice if
there were a way to specify wider spacing of character somehow in the
mapfile and that that would get passed to the ttf code in GD. I don't
know if this is even possible.

The other alternative would be to find another font with wider spacing
to start with or maybe make a modified Arial with more spacing.

-Steve W