Raster Data Access documentation

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Thu Apr 20 22:07:58 EDT 2006

ed at topozone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Frank Warmerdam
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:48 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Raster Data Access documentation

Denis writes:
> Does somebody know why the Raster Data Access documentation says in
> the third sentence
>
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/raster_data/#rasters-and-tile-
> in
> dexing
> The list of files forming a layer can be stored in a shapefile
>
> Can the file be store to something else than a shapefile?

Ed / Denis,

I believe the tileindex for rasters can be in a shapefile (directly
reference) or in any other supported datastore when referencing another
layer as the tileindex.  I think there was some recent discussion of
folks using a Postgis layer for this for instance.

Best regards,
warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGF,
http://osgeo.org