EPSG defination

Xiaoming Zhu Xiaoming.Zhu at NRM.SE
Fri Apr 21 05:34:22 EDT 2006

Hi,

I met some projecton problems when I tried to display some Swedish map
on the Atlas mapserver. Everything works ok except the map can not be
dynamic: it cann't zoom in, zoom out or move. I changed the map extent
in the mapfile but didn't add any projection there. The information of
the Swedish shapefile is :

****
Horizontal coordinate system
Geographic coordinate system name: GCS_WGS_1984
Details
Geographic Coordinate System
Latitude Resolution: 0.000000
Longitude Resolution: 0.000000
Geographic Coordinate Units: Decimal degrees

Geodetic Model
Horizontal Datum Name: D_WGS_1984
Ellipsoid Name: WGS_1984
Semi-major Axis: 6378137.000000
Denominator of Flattening Ratio: 298.257224
_________________

Bounding coordinates
Horizontal
In decimal degrees
West: 4.026421
East: 31.858543
North: 70.088043
South: 49.917300
In projected or local coordinates
Left: 4.026421
Right: 31.858543
Top: 70.088043
Bottom: 49.917300
_________________

Lineage
ESRI geoprocessing history
1. Process
Date and time: 20060329 at time 140716
Tool location: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes\Data
Management Tools.tbx\CopyFeatures

Command issued
CopyFeatures "Rivers 2" "C:\arcgis\Maps\New Folder\Rivers 2.shp" # 0 0 0
_________________

Spatial data description
Vector data information
ESRI description
Rivers 2
ESRI feature type: Simple
Geometry type: Polyline
Topology: FALSE
Feature count: 453
Spatial Index: TRUE
Linear referencing: FALSE

SDTS description
Feature class: SDTS feature type, feature count
Rivers 2: String, 453
****

Anyone run into this before, do you know how to define this in EPSG,
which coordinate system it belongs? or how to convert this shapefile to
the some projection as the output one,  which should be: +proj=latlong
(pseudo-projection).

Thanks.

Zhu Xiaoming

Programmer