problem with drawing scalebar with PHP mapscript

Mark Adams Mark.Adams at DPRA.COM
Fri Apr 21 12:18:52 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've got a strange problem I need assistance with. We've got an
application that uses PHP mapscript, running on v4.2, v4.4 and v4.6 on
various servers in various locations including client sites. Recently
we've started working with v4.8 and v4.9, and we're having trouble with
the scalebar. When we move applications from the machines that are
running earlier versions and move them to a v4.9 machine, without
changing an code, the scalebar fails to draw. For whatever reason, the
call to embed the scalebar - $gpoMap->embedScalebar($gpoImg); - returns
0 instead of 1.

I can get the scalebar OK through mapserver CGI calls. The outputformat
is defined as:

  OUTPUTFORMAT

    NAME png24bit

    DRIVER "GD/PNG"

    MIMETYPE "image/png"

    IMAGEMODE rgb

    FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=OFF"

  END

The scalebar is defined as:

  SCALEBAR

    STATUS ON

    POSITION LR

    POSTLABELCACHE TRUE

    #BACKGROUNDCOLOR 166 202 240

    BACKGROUNDCOLOR 254 219 67

    COLOR 0 0 156

    OUTLINECOLOR 166 202 240

    TRANSPARENT ON

    #IMAGECOLOR 0 0 0

    UNITS KILOMETERS

    INTERVALS 4

    SIZE 200 8

    STYLE 0

    LABEL

      SIZE SMALL

      COLOR 0 0 156

      ANTIALIAS TRUE

      OUTLINECOLOR 254 219 67

      #SHADOWCOLOR 166 202 240

      #SHADOWSIZE 3 3

    END

  END

Any ideas what we might be doing wrong? Has anything changed in the PHP
mapscript class library or the mapserver object model that would cause
this? Dependent libraries?

Thanks in advance....

Mark Adams

Senior Analyst & Project Manager