PostGIS beginner question

Chip Taylor work at XWB.COM
Fri Apr 21 14:54:21 EDT 2006

We are just getting our feet wet with PostGIS, running Mapserver as CGI on
IIS6.  We have a basic question.  Below is an example of our layer from the
mapfile.

LAYER

          NAME "testlayer"

          TYPE POLYGON

          CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS

          CONNECTION "dbname=mydb user=myuser password=mypw host=myserver
port=5432"

          DATA "wkb_geometry from (select * from
getcounty(-122.4419846666667,47.250942883333)) As myTable USING UNIQUE
ogc_fid using SRID=32767"

          STATUS default

          TRANSPARENCY 50

          LABELITEM "population"

          CLASS

                      EXPRESSION ([population] > 0)

                      COLOR 255 245 220

                      MINSCALE 0

                      MAXSCALE 100000000

                      STYLE

                                  OUTLINECOLOR 25 25 45

                                  SYMBOL 'cartoline'

                                  SIZE 1

                      END

                      LABEL

                                  FONT "Arialbd"

                                  TYPE TRUETYPE

                                  ANTIALIAS TRUE

                                  COLOR 0 0 0

                                  OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 220

                                  SIZE 8

                                  MINDISTANCE 300

                      END

          END

          PROJECTION

                      "init=epsg:4269"

          END

END # postGIS test

The question is, when the user clicks on the map, how do we pass the
location of that click into PostGIS as a parameter.  Thanks in advance for
your help.

Chip Taylor