HiLiting / selecting multiple features

Skalski Artur - askals Artur.Skalski at ACXIOM.COM
Mon Apr 24 12:20:45 EDT 2006

Hi

Mapserver can't do thing like that, You can't force him to remember previous clicks, but it doesn't have to because Your application can do things like that. I think you could write some function that could remember the clicks of the user, the x & y values, put it into an array and each time send them with the latest point clicked as points to query for mapserver and use mapscript's save and load query, i saw on userslist someone was writing about joining query results ito one result using save and load query, probably easy to find... I think this is the only way to do this.

Best Regards

Artur

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On Behalf Of Xin
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 3:44 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] HiLiting / selecting multiple features

I haven't received a response in a while.  Can anyone help with what I need?

On 20/04/06, Xin < crazygecko at gmail.com  <mailto:crazygecko at gmail.com> > wrote:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response.  It's always good to know there's someone out there that can help!

Here's our situation.  We use MapServer CGI wrapped in a C# application.  The app would call MapServer with various CGI parameters depending on what the user is doing in the application.

One functionality we need is to hilite features on a map and for it to return results of features from other layers intersecting it.  The return results party is working great.

A single feature can be hilited at the moment using mode=featurenquery, slayer, and passing img.x and img.y.  For example, this might be a building parameter.  This works to a degree.  We haven't been able to control the colour correctly with QUERYMAP and COLOR.  But that's another issue.

Hiliting multiple features is what we are after.  We would like our users to be able to click on a feature on the map through our application.  Then we would hilite this through MapServer.  Then the user can click on more features.  We'd like the initial feature, and any features clicked on after to be all hilighted.  e.g. user clicks on three building parameters.

The problem we are facing is hiliting multiple features.  Do you have any suggestions on how we may do this?

Xin