Java mapscript WMS client problem

Brent Wood pcreso at PCRESO.COM
Fri Apr 28 03:20:57 EDT 2006

I'm trying to help somone with plenty of Java development eperience but no
GIS/spatial data experience.

I have got a mapserver WMS server working OK, at least as far as the Intergraph
WMS demo viewer is concerned.

We have a Java mapscript app embedded in a Java app, working through a mapfile.
It seems to (mostly) work OK, but is certainly quirky compared with the CGI.

The main problem at present is that if we enable the WMS layer, there is no
error msg, no feedback, but no map is rendered (& yes, debug is on :-). It all
works OK if the WMS layer is not selected.

We are assuming that Java mapscript supports WMS data sources, but may be
mistaken.

Does anyone know of any sites which use Java mapscript to access WMS layers? or
of anyone with any experience in Java mapscript we can swap a few emails with?

Thanks,

  Brent Wood