CGI Qlayer,Qstring variables usage

rock well rockwell_001 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 2 14:38:06 EDT 2006

Hi steve, we also have mapscript application but for this project we want to post it to a URL instead of using php mapscript or anyother mapscript ....

  I have tried all the possible map file parameters to set in the url like imagetype, units, Label etc but for projection when i use "map_projection=somevalve", mapserver outputs the following error

  msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. projection not named, i have even tried map_layername_projection but no luck ...

  is the syntax some thing else for projection ....

  Thanks for your time and effort ..
  kris
Steve Lime <Steve.Lime at DNR.STATE.MN.US> wrote:
  There is reference to this capability at:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/cgi/controls

At the end of the document. Many parameters can be modified this way although if I were doing much with this I would likely suggest using MapScript. I typically just use the mechanism to change the units on a second scalebar (e.g. mode=scalebar) or add a dynamic feature or two.

Steve

>>> rock well 7/31/2006 2:11:51 PM >>>
Thanks for your reply steve, its working. i was wondering if you can tell me where did you find the documentation for this so that i could read and see if there are any other features or parameters than i can use in the url.

Thanks again
kris

Steve Lime wrote:
Kris: Have you tried using the map_layername_projection=... syntax? Will work for the main projection as well using map_projection=...

Steve

>>> rock well 07/28/06 6:03 PM >>>
Hi all, i got this working to query a layer and am able to display the result too ... the url looks like

http://localhost/mapserv.exe?MODE=map&MAP=c:/Inetpub/states.map&LAYERS=states&filter_id=SD

but what i am trying now is to pass the projection id in the url, but i guess mapserver doesnt support this form of variable substitution. Is there anyother way to pass the projection id from the url ...

Thanks for your effort and time ..
kris

"Fawcett, David" wrote:
Kris,

This may not quite work, but it should be closer. Try something like:

http://pathtomapserv.exe?MODE=itemnquerymap&LAYERS=layer1&QLAYER=layer1&QITEM=colname&QString=('[colname]'='value')

David.