Mapscript API - csharp - layerObj.getItemType, layerObj.getItemSize, etc...?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 3 16:02:53 EDT 2006

Hi David,

With the current implementation mapserver stores the field values
uniquely as strings. Therefore you cannot extract further information
(like fieldlength, fieldtype, fieldprecision etc.). Either, there is
not much control on how a data provider converts the values to strings
may cause several further problems when labelling the objects. The
information you are expecting exists at the provider's level but was
not propagated into the mapserver/ mapscript structures.

Are there other issues you have run into not mentioned before?

Tamas