FW: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] HTML legends: isnotnull operator

David Lowther dlowther at COORDINATESOLUTIONS.COM
Mon Aug 7 12:21:17 EDT 2006

Forgot to reply to list...

David Lowther

-----Original Message-----
From: dlowther at coordinatesolutions.com
[mailto:dlowther at coordinatesolutions.com]
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 10:39 AM
To: 'Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)'
Subject: RE: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] HTML legends: isnotnull operator

Bart,

It's been about 3 years since I fought this battle, but let me try to help
you anyhow.

I think what I ended up doing was manufacturing the correct logic by using
the METADATA block in the Mapfile. For example, I wanted to include a radio
for "active" layer in the legend, but not for all vector layers (or
something like that). Having no "isnotnull" I had to create an "isnull"
scenario that worked.

Something like this in the .map:
METADATA
	"NoID" "T"
	"DataLayersID" "1"
	"wms_title" "Judicial"
	legend_order "3000"
END

Something like this in the htmllegend template:

[if name=NoID oper=isnull]
<input type=radio name=idlayer value=[leg_layer_name]  onclick=SetQ2Radio()>
[/if]

Like I said, it's been awhile, but maybe you can use that as a jumping off
point. If you are interested in the complete htmllegend template and Mapfile
let me know.

David Lowther