question on query

Albert Anderson bart_doggers at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 9 12:18:26 EDT 2006

Hi Manfred,

 Okay. I want to able to serach by TWP(township), RNG(range), and SCT(sections).

Why do you need to put java extensions on the end of them?  I dont know how to do that. The contents comes from the parcels shp file which TWP, RNG, and SCT are the field names in the file.

I want the result in a highlighted element in the image map. That would be ideal. If not  I can get a table working that would be okay too.

I am using html code in dreamweaver.  No perl or php used.

Here is a site that I am going by kinda
http://www.houstonengineeringinc.com/mapmorph_demo/mapserv.html

thanks,
Albert

Manfred Meier <m.meier at spiekermann.de> wrote: Hi Albert,

I can try to help, but I have no idea, what you are trying to do.

- What is TWP, RNG and so on?

- You write, you want to have drop down and text boxes. In my opinion
you have to code these elements in HTML perhaps with javascript
extensions. Do you know how to do that? Where does the contents of the
drop downs come from?

- What result do you want to have after submit? A highlighted element in
the image and/or a table with detail data of the selected element?

- I'm sure there are sites which do likely functions. Did you look at
some example sites?

- Do you use some scripting language like perl or php to dynamically
create the html pages or are they static?

Manfred