question on query

Manfred Meier m.meier at SPIEKERMANN.DE
Thu Aug 10 02:52:05 EDT 2006

Hi Albert,

- I mentioned javascript (not java) because sometimes you need it to
make a web based gui more comfortable. For a first try it is not necessary.

- Thanks for the explantions of TWP and so on and for the example url.

- Lawrence did give you a good example.

- Perhaps to make it more clear, how to put an url together here two
examples:

1) Try
http://www.elbe-link.de/cgi-bin/map_test1/mapserv?map=test1.map&mode=map&mapext=2545900+5673000+2547600+5674400
you should get an image with some polygons (parcels) and their id numbers.

2) Try
http://www.elbe-link.de/cgi-bin/map_test1/mapserv?map=test1.map&mode=itemquery&mapext=2545900+5673000+2547600+5674400&qlayer=zel1&qitem=ZELNR&qstring="1405"
we did a query for the polygon with the number 1405 in the data field
"ZELNR". You should get an image with a highlighted polygon.

You see the differences in mode, qlayer, qitem and qstring.

At the moment I'm trying to put a qstring in the form "[ZELNR]=1405"
together but it does not work. Sorry I have never worked with mode =
itemquery and so on.

Manfred