Real time Data

Manfred Meier m.meier at SPIEKERMANN.DE
Sat Aug 12 05:16:00 EDT 2006

Hello,

I do not have a running example. But I have such data and could use such
a solution too.

A solution could be: With a javascript timer or a http-refresh in your
html page trigger a reload every 10 or less minutes. If your script on
the server side sees that the data has not been changed, it could send a
http-header 204 (no content). I have tried this once and it seems that
the browser does not make a refresh then (= no flickering screen). If
the data has changed, the server sends a new image. If you put your map
into an iframe then it is simpler to realize I think.

On the mapserver list had been such questions many times for example for
showing the gps signals from vehicles. You could ook at the map archive.

Manfred