question on query

Albert Anderson bart_doggers at YAHOO.COM
Mon Aug 14 09:37:46 EDT 2006

Hi Manfred,

 I want the parcel link when you click it to load into the image page. like this site
http://www.houstonengineeringinc.com/mapmorph_demo/mapserv.html Here are the screen shots.  I dont want the query results to show up in a new page or the image parcel.  I want it to all be in the html page.

Thanks,
Albert

~html~

 Map Tools                                                                                                        [input]                                    [input]                                    [input]
                                                       Map Layers
                                                   Boundaries
                            [input]            County
                           [input]            Township
                           [input]            Section
                           [input]           Parcels (Search)
                          [input]           City
Environment
                           [input]           Rivers
                          [input]           Lakes
           Transportation
                           [input]           Railroad
                          [input]           Roads
          Backgrounds
                           [input]           Aerial Photos
                      (2003 FSA-NAIP)

                                                                                                                            [input]

                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Reference Map
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Map Scale = 1: 852161.463656
                                            Latitude: -1.000000
                                         Longitude: -1.000000
                                                                                                                                     Legend

                                                                              Search for a Parcel:                                                                                                                   Section                                       Township                                       Range                                                                                                                                                          [input]       [input]        [input]       [input]
  (1-36)              (129-136)              (47-52)

~query results new page~
Query Results         Search extent:         625173.309834 5085113.091715 718065.960556 5160035.212592
              Click Point:                      635944.008141, 5132968.354278 (Map coordinates)
 Layer: Parcels    shpidx Pin No. Section Township Range        1966           12000002480000          16     133     52

~query image Pin No. Link new page~

Manfred Meier <m.meier at spiekermann.de> wrote: Hello Albert,

sorry, I do not full understand your mail. Therefore I am not sure, what
you have on the screen and what you want to have. The code examples that
you gave: are these the template files which you use in your map file?

You wrote

"But I want to image of the parcel to load in the image map"

Do you mean you want a hilited parcel like in my example site? Or do you
want something like an image map in html (that means: a map-tag with
area definitions)?

For the hilited parcel you need a QUERYMAP object in your mapfile. For
example:

QUERYMAP
   STATUS ON
   STYLE HILITE
   COLOR 0 255 255
END

Is your site available in internet, so me and others could have a look
at it?

If not, can you give me your html files and map file and an example
shapefile? I could put it on my webserver so we can look at it together
and I can make fast modifications.

Or at least can you give a screenshot with your whole application
including the result of a query?

Manfred