Valid XHTML in template file

Tue Aug 15 11:50:31 EDT 2006

Those substitutions are *very* old, well before XHTML. You could hack
the source
to have those substitutions output checked="checked" instead of what
currently
is output- it's 1 line of code per element type. The alternative would
be to not
use them at all and use javascript to preserve state.

Sorry (this could easily be fixed in new versions though if you could
file a quick bug)...

Steve

>>> "Thy, Kristian" <Kristian.Thy at ATKINSGLOBAL.COM> 8/15/2006 10:23:45
AM >>>
Hi List,

I'm trying to make a template file that's valid XHTML. All is well and
fine, except for the zoom direction. I have three radio buttons, "zoom
in", "pan" and "zoom out". The template mechanism gives me the
[zoomdir_-1|0|1_check|select] substitution that is then set as
[zoomdir_1_check], [zoomdir_0_check] and [zoomdir_-1_check]
respectively.

Problem is that in order to make valid XHTML Transitional, the checked
element needs to have the attribute checked="checked", while the
others
need to have no such attribute. If I make the three radio buttons like
this:

	<input type="radio" name="zoomdir" value="1" [zoomdir_1_check]
/>
	<input type="radio" name="zoomdir" value="0" [zoomdir_0_check]
/>
	<input type="radio" name="zoomdir" value="-1"
[zoomdir_-1_check]
/>

the selected element will get the shorthand attribute checked (with no
value set) which is valid for HTML4. If I do it the XHTML way:

	<input type="radio" name="zoomdir" value="1"
checked="[zoomdir_1_check]" />
	<input type="radio" name="zoomdir" value="0"
checked="[zoomdir_0_check]" />
	<input type="radio" name="zoomdir" value="-1"
checked="[zoomdir_-1_check]" />

the selected zoom direction will get checked="checked", which is good,
but the other two will get checked="", which is illegal. Is there no
way
to create valid XHTML like this with the template file mechanism?

thanks in advance,
Kristian Thy
Atkins Denmark

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright
protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this
communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed
in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally
binding.