Circle on Mapserver Map?

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Tue Aug 15 14:04:20 EDT 2006

Take a look at the mapfile documentation:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/layer

TRANSPARENCY is what you are looking for. Give it a value from 0 to 100.

Note that it behaves more like something that would be called 'opacity'.
A value of 5 will let you see a lot of the underlying layers, whereas a
value of 95 will be pretty opaque.

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Paul Maine(ATS)
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:55 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Circle on Mapserver Map?

Thank you for the excellent example. I had one last question in my
original
email:

I would also like to be able to use a fill color and transparency for
the colored circles. Is it possible to set the transparency of the fill
colors so that the underlying map can still be seen? If yes, how can I
set the transparency?

Thank You
Paul