Commercial Quality Maps and web services

Paul Maine pmaine at MAINSTREAMIT.COM
Tue Aug 15 20:23:02 EDT 2006

Do to the nature of my mapping application - I need the most
up-to-date quality map data. Since I need high quality map data, I am
looking at using commercial map data. I am looking at using ESRI
webservices using PHP5 and SOAP to obtain a map that I desire to use
as a base layer. My design is to get the commercial base layer and
then add additional layers using Mapserver. The quality of the ESRI
maps is good but I need to be able to get a world file or a
georeference file so that when I use this ESRI map I will be able to
add additional map layers and every thing in the other layers will
align properly. Thus far I don't know how to georeference the ESRI map
so that I can use it with Mapserver.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank You,
Paul Maine