layer configuration for WMS

Zenon Panoussis oracle at PROVOCATION.NET
Sat Aug 19 21:55:54 EDT 2006

xslove wrote:

> I try configure mapserver map file. I define layer as wms request, I thing it
> is good, but when I post request, layer is not drawn. My mapfile named
> wmsjpl.map is

> outputformat
>   name png
>   driver 'GD/png'
>   mimetype 'image/png'
>   extension 'png'
> end

I am not sure about this, but I think you might need an

IMAGETYPE PNG

to go with it, or perhaps could do with only that and no OUTPUTFORMAT.

> web
>   imagepath 'tmp'
>   imageurl  'tmp'

The imagepath is relevant to your file system, the imageurl to
the webserver's document root. Try (adjusting to your system)

IMAGEPATH "/var/www/html/tmp/"
IMAGEURL "/tmp/"

and see if it helps.

> layer
>   name 'da'
>   type raster
>   offsite 0 0 0
>   status on

Try STATUS DEFAULT to force-display it, then switch it back to ON
when you know it works and have controls in place to turn it on.