Install on Suse 10.1

Ryan Ollerenshaw ollerery at ENGR.ORST.EDU
Sun Aug 27 11:39:02 EDT 2006

Matthew Perry wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> I noticed --with-ogr and --with-gdal point to different versions of gdal.
>
> Try pointing --with-gdal to your locally built gdal-config script
> (/usr/local/gdal-1.3.2/bin/gdal-config ??) and simply specifying
> '--with-ogr' without arguments.

Nope still no good, i tried using just --with-ogr and i got a different
error:

map.h:386:21: error: ogr_api.h: No such file or directory
In file included from mapfile.c:146:
map.h:1712: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘hGeometry’
mapfile.c:151:24: error: cpl_conv.h: No such file or directory
mapfile.c:152:20: error: gdal.h: No such file or directory

when i tired to remove --with-ogr from the configure command i was still
left with

mapfile.c:151:24: error: cpl_conv.h: No such file or directory
mapfile.c:152:20: error: gdal.h: No such file or directory

I did install gdal from an rpm that i found at :
http://www.gdf-hannover.de/media.php?id=1&lg=en
could maybe there be something wrong with that rpm? when i tired to
install it from the source i ran into missing library problems but the
rmp seemed to install fine and i can use all of the gdal commands from
the command line.