SVG, AJAX & Mapserver

luca marletta lucamarle at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 28 05:15:09 EDT 2006

I use SVG as output per printing when I need big format and for this
purpose is perfect.
For browsing the map I don't think is the best choice, image are
quicker and supported by all browsers without any plugin.
If you need a vector map in the browser for some reason why not flash?
mapserver has a good output in flash with ming (here for compiling
instruction on debian http://wiki.beopen.it/mapserver:ming).

> Stefan Schwarzer ha scritto:
> > Hi there,
> > anybody out there who has experiences or knows about some work around
> > SVG, AJAX and Mapserver? I have no idea if and how this works. Perhaps
> > it's technically nonsense... I couldn't find anything on Google for
> > it, so I guess information is scarce...
> >
> > Thanks for any hints,
> >
> > Stefan

luca