Line width and projection question

Christopher Watson cwatson at UTAS.EDU.AU
Tue Aug 29 01:12:48 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am relatively new to mapserver and have a few questions.  Firstly I
cant seem to change the outline width from php for polygon layers.
the relevant map code looks like:

LAYER
         NAME "WorldLowRes"
         TYPE POLYGON
         STATUS OFF
         DATA "CNTRY94"
         TRANSPARENCY ALPHA
         CLASS
                 NAME "CountryLowRes"
                 STYLE
                         COLOR 200 200 200
                         ANTIALIAS TRUE
                 END
                 STYLE
                         OUTLINECOLOR 6 32 80
                         WIDTH 1
                         ANTIALIAS TRUE
                 END
         END
END

and my in my php file:

$world_coastline_layer=$map->getLayerByName("WorldLowRes");
$world_coastline_layer->set('status', MS_ON);
$layer_class=$world_coastline_layer->getClass(0);
$layer_style=$layer_class->getStyle(1);
$layer_style->set('width', $vars['world_coastline_style']);

all that happens is i get
Fatal error: Property 'width' does not exist in this object. in
E:\www\wms\map_fuctions.php on line 86
even though as far as i can tell from the docs layerObj's are meant
to have a width property.

second, when using the WGS84 projection (epsg:4326) there is no 'wrap
around' past the 180E/W
meridian. ie. if i center the map on 180E then the western half of my
world coastline shapefile
will not show. the inverse is true if i center on 180W.  is there any
work around for this that anyone knows about?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Bryn / Chris