Using JOIN for querying

cris ricana crisricana at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 29 23:01:50 EDT 2006

Hello!

I'd like some help regarding my use of JOIN in my mapserver setup. I'm
using two sets of data, a base shapefile ("reg_bndary") containing
basically place information and system-generated csv files containing
all the relevant information regarding these places in the shapefiles.
Both have a common field called Place_ID to be used for the join. I
was planning to use these csv in times when the users want to query
for detailed information on these places. My map file looks like this
(the JOIN part is near the end):

NAME reg_bndary2000.map
SIZE 600 600
EXTENT 114.03 3.8315 131.33 21.1585
SHAPEPATH "data"
IMAGETYPE PNG
UNITS meters

WEB
  TEMPLATE 'reg_bndary2000.html'
#  IMAGEPATH '/home/mis/DIRP/maps/'
#  IMAGEURL 'home/mis/DIRP/maps/'
  IMAGEPATH '/home/yronald/htdocs/maps/test_map/maps/'
  IMAGEURL '/test_map/maps/'
END  #WEB

QUERYMAP
  SIZE 600 600
  STATUS ON
  STYLE SELECTED
  COLOR 255 0 0
END
(...)
  LAYER
  NAME CY_2000
  TYPE polygon
  STATUS ON
  DATA reg_bndary
  CLASSITEM COUNT
  LABELITEM REGION
   (...)
  HEADER "reg_bndary2000_header.html"
  FOOTER "reg_bndary2000_footer.html"

  JOIN
        NAME "reg_join"
        CONNECTIONTYPE CSV
        TABLE "lgu_DB_DACCESS_PROV.csv"
        FROM "Place_ID"
        TO "1"
        TEMPLATE "reg_bndary 2000_dbf.html"
     END #join
END  # LAYER
END  # MAPFILE

The template file used for , "reg_bndary 2000_dbf.html", contains
simply the following:
[reg_join_REGION]<br>
[reg_join_PLACE]

When when I test this, I get the following error:

       msQueryByPoint(): Search returned no results. No matching
record(s) found.

Can somebody help me tell me what is wrong in my setup?

Thanks!
Maricris