WCS Error

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Aug 30 20:06:21 EDT 2006

B Tuttle wrote:
> I am trying to get wcs functioning in mapserver, but I am having some
> problems.
> First off I do seem to have wcs support configured:
> MapServer version 4.8.4 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
> OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
> SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
> SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
> INPUT=SHAPEFILE
>
> When I make the following request I get the error shown below:
>
> Request->
> http://67.166.6.150/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=dmsp_wcs1.map&SERVICE=WCS&REQUEST=GetCoverage&COVERAGE=F152003_stretched&BBOX=-100,10,-20,50&CRS=EPSG:4326&RESX=0.00083&RESY=-0.00083&FORMAT=GEOTIFF
>

> Error->
> <title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
> </head><body>
> <h1>Internal Server Error</h1>

B. Tuttle,

This means that mapserv crashed.  I would suggest:

  o Try the same configuration (mapfile and request) with a prepackaged
    mapserver binary like FWTools, or FGS to determine if the issue is
    your build.

  o If that also fails, or if you can't try that, then rebuild your server
    in debug mode, and try to get a traceback from "gdb".

  o File a bug with details (most applicable if you can reproduce the
    problem with something like FGS or FWTools.

Best regards,