WCS Error

Norman Barker nbarker at ITTVIS.COM
Wed Aug 30 22:29:02 EDT 2006

Hi,

your server is online, everyone is setting up WCSs these days :-).  Try making resy positive, -ve resy is correct though in the describeCoverage if your coverage lat is decreasing from the tiepoint (0, 0) in most cases. Doing this means you will get an image (I just have).

For convenience, I used width, and height, since I am on a hotel connection (resy > 0 worked I just cancelled the download)!!

http://67.166.6.150/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=dmsp_wcs1.map&SERVICE=WCS&REQUEST=GetCoverage&COVERAGE=F152003_stretched&BBOX=-100,10,-20,50&CRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=1000&HEIGHT=1000&FORMAT=GEOTIFF

Congratulations your WCS is online!

Norman

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of B Tuttle
Sent: Thu 8/31/2006 12:48 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] WCS Error

I am trying to get wcs functioning in mapserver, but I am having some problems.
First off I do seem to have wcs support configured:
MapServer version 4.8.4 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

When I make the following request I get the error shown below:

Request->
http://67.166.6.150/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=dmsp_wcs1.map&SERVICE=WCS&REQUEST=GetCoverage&COVERAGE=F152003_stretched&BBOX=-100,10,-20,50&CRS=EPSG:4326&RESX=0.00083&RESY=-0.00083&FORMAT=GEOTIFF

Error->
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
 you at example.com and inform them of the time the error occurred,
and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.</p>
in the server error log.</p>
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle
the request.</p>

The Apache error log shows:
[Wed Aug 30 17:40:10 2006] [error] [client 140.172.178.30] Premature
end of script headers: mapserv

Not sure if this is a mapserver issue, an issue with my request, or an
issue with my mapfile. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.