Can the creation date of a SHP file be retrieved via a MAPSERVER call?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Aug 31 12:50:33 EDT 2006

Bob Basques wrote:
> All,
>
> Can the creation date of a SHP file be retrieved via a MAPSERVER call?
>
> I would like to place a Date related to the file creation time at the
> bottom of a template output.   Is this something that's possible with a
> CGI call?  If so, how is it done?  in the Template, the Map file or both?

Bob,

No mechanism exists to get at this from a CGI or mapscript point of view.

You could get at the filesystem creation date from some sort of scripting
language call I would imagine.

Best regards,