How to close html-form with PHP?

Hal Mueller hal at MOBILEGEOGRAPHICS.COM
Mon Dec 4 13:56:17 EST 2006

Not clear to me what you want to do.  Do you mean that you want the
browser window to close?  You might be able to get some Javascript
happening to do this, but I don't think it's a good user experience
("I clicked SUBMIT and my browser window went away").  What does it
mean to tell the only window on a PDA/smartphone browser to close?

When your user hits the "submit" button, the browser will go on to
whatever page it's directed to by the form.  It's up to that target
to display new content.

On most of my PHP forms, if the target of a form is the same PHP
script that created the form I do something like this:
if (this is a form submission) {
process form;
say thank you;
}
else {
display the form;
}

where "if (this is a form submission)" checks for PUT/GET variables
as appropriate.

Hal Mueller                hal at mobilegeographics.com
Mobile Geographics LLC     http://www.mobilegeographics.com/