need mapserv.exe recompiled with max layers= 500

Ravi ravikapoor101 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 6 01:29:03 EST 2006

Yes it makes sense. However...here is the catch.

I do not know how to add 'population' attribute to be able to do the
comparison you mentioned. I also tried to get PostGIS working, I get no
errors, I have checked all configuration but no maps show up.

So can you throw some light on how to add 'population' of each county
inside each shapefile so that I can do the comparison you mentioned? In
absence of that either I select each county individually (slow) or do
what I am doing now which is create files as follows and create one
layer for each file:

PopulationCountyColor1.shp
PopulationCountyColor2.shp
PopulationCountyColor10.shp
PopulationZipCodeColor1.shp
..
GrowthZipCodeColor10.shp

These come out to be a total of 240 files (8x3x10, 8 parameters, 3
shapes and 10 colors).

Regards
Ravi