Long generation time of map images in mapserver

Thomas Shaw mapserv at UBICALO.COM.MX
Wed Dec 6 14:39:37 EST 2006

Hello List!

I have actually installed mapserver-4.8.4 & PHP5 (as a dynamic library of
mapscript) in my production server and I'm experiencing some strange
behavior (that I haven't had with the 4.2 version) with the mapserver
generation time of the images maps. Sometimes I zoom in/out and the image
generations take less than a second, but also some other times the
generation takes about 12 seconds. Firstly I thought that it was the
internet connection, but I tried it also over the LAN and it had the same
strange behavior. So what could be possible happening?

When I changed from mapserver 4.2 to 4.8.4 I didn't modified any parameter
of value in the mapscript, and in the mapfile.

Thank you in advance