POSTGIS vs Shapefile mapserver optimization

Aaron Koning aaronkoning at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 12 14:42:43 EST 2006

Also, OGR can be used to spatially index a shapefile (command: shptree),
which enables faster shapefile rendering in Mapserver.
     http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ShpTree
     http://ogr.maptools.org/drv_shapefile.html

Aaron

--