How to Improve WMS Image Quality? - SOLVED!

Bill Thoen bthoen at GISNET.COM
Tue Dec 26 12:45:17 EST 2006

David,

I think my biggest problem at this point in learning MapSever is not
knowing how things go together as the MapServer documentation is a bit
spotty and scattered. But you gave me the clue and by guessing I
eventually hit on defining an OUTPUTFORMAT object for gif images with
IMAGEMODE set to RGB instead of PC256. Now it looks good -- Thanks!

   OUTPUTFORMAT
      NAME gif
      DRIVER "GD/GIF"
      MIMETYPE "image/gif"