avoid label collision in scalebar

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at OSGIS.NL
Wed Dec 27 13:15:06 EST 2006

For my use case only the third option would solve it. I have overlaps
when displaying 0.4 and 0.6 km for instance, so changing to meters will
make it worse, and the precision if as low as it goes.

But then again, I can just reduce the number of intervals for now I guess.

Thanks for the idea Steve, though some enhancement in this area would be
nice ofcourse :-)

Best regards,
Bart

Steve Lime schreef:
> Bart: There is no mechanism in place at the moment to avoid this. There
> would be a couple of strategies
> to employ in the C code, which one would depend on the nature of the
> overlap (e.g. too many places vs.
> to many intervals):
>
>   - allow definition of a format string for labels
>   - define a unit of measure hierarchy (e.g. km -> m -> cm)
>   - automatically reduce the number of intervals if overlap is
> detected
>
> Just some ideas...
>
> Steve

> 12/27/2006 9:47:12 AM >>>
> Hi list,
>
> is there a way to avoid label collision in the scalebar?
>
> Currently, when I zoom in very far, the labels overlap which makes the
> scalebar unreadable.
>
> Is it possible to avoid this, if so does anybody have a set of SCALEBAR
> settings to share?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>

> Disclaimer
> Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend. Dit bericht is
> uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Als u dit bericht per abuis
> hebt ontvangen, wordt u verzocht het te vernietigen en de afzender te
> informeren. Wij adviseren u om bij twijfel over de juistheid of de
> volledigheid van de mail contact met afzender op te nemen.
>
> This message shall not constitute any rights or obligations.
> This message is intended solely for the addressee.
> If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
> notify the sender immediately. When in doubt whether this message
> is correct or complete, please contact the sender.

Bart van den Eijnden
OSGIS, Open Source GIS
bartvde at osgis.nl
http://www.osgis.nl