Windows Install

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Thu Dec 28 09:54:58 EST 2006

If you are just interested in using MapServer CGI, you should be able to
just grab the mapserver binaries out of MS4W, drop them into an
executable folder on your PC (cgi-bin), and use them.

David.
-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of John Craddock
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 6:39 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Windows Install

Hello,
I have trawled the MapServer website looking for Windows binaries for
MapServer and Mapscript, instructions and guides to installing mapserver
on an existing WAMPP (Windows/apache/mqsql/php/perl) setup. The only
thing I can find is ms4w that seems to require a complete installation
of everything and a short article called Win32 Compilation and
installation that only covers compilation. The Howto for getting started
with MapServer has a paragraph on installation with a link that points
to the ms4w page. This page also refers to an initialization file; about
which I can find no further information. The New Users guide at
paragraphs 4.2 and 5 lead down blind alleys when it comes to
installation. I must have missed a turn somewhere. Can someone point me
in the right direction?

Regards
John Craddock

P.S. The FWTools build is less that instructive on webserver installs as
well.