Intercepting clicks: DHTML Mapserver (landview) style interface

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 2 18:26:25 EST 2006

Greetings,

I am using the DHTML (old landview template) interface to mapserver, and was
wondering if there is any way to intercept user clicks on the map itself:
either via javascript or PHP. I would like to do a spatial query in a
PostGIS-enabled DB with each user click, but so far have not been able to
find the right "hooks" for doing so.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it will require some asynchronous HTML
voodoo...

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

--