DEBUG and LOG

Eric Shuman erics at AMERI-TITLE.COM
Fri Feb 3 19:00:40 EST 2006

Need Help!!

I have been trying to get some debug info for my map, but can't seem to get
it to work.  I have just upgraded to mapserver version 4.6.1, but this
didn't help.

My MAP file looks like this:
MAP
  NAME Proximity
  SIZE 500 500
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  SHAPEPATH "/GIS/data/TestData/"
  EXTENT 0 0 100 100
  UNITS FEET

  DEBUG ON

  WEB
    TEMPLATE "../htdocs/template.html"
    IMAGEPATH "/GIS/fgs/tmp/ms_tmp/"
    IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
    LOG "/GIS/logs/deschutes.log"
  END

# *************************************
# ***********  MAP LAYERS  ************
# *************************************

  LAYER #polygon layer begins here
   DEBUG ON
    NAME "polygon"
    TYPE POLYGON
    STATUS default
    DATA "polygon"
    CLASS
     DEBUG ON
      COLOR 156 156 156
      STYLE
        SYMBOL 10
        SIZE 20
        COLOR 0 0 0
      END
    END
  END
END

I have run shp2img on the map file with the -all_debug 5 option with no
results (except for the completed image).

The only response I have ever gotten was this when using php/mapscript:
Fri Feb  3 15:15:22 2006 - msSearchDiskTree(): Unable to access file. Unable
to open spatial index for /GIS/data/deschutes/LAND/Taxlot.qix. In most cases
you can safely ignore this message, otherwise check file names and
permissions.

I have tried adding these lines to my httpd.conf file (and restarting)
SetEnv MS_ERRORFILE "stderr"
SetEnv MS_ERRORFILE /GIS/fgs/tmp/logfile
setEnv MSDEBUG

What I am trying to get is info on layer draw times.  What am I missing? Am
I just not looking at the right log files?  What are the steps to get the
DEBUG parameter to work?  I have heard mention of MSDEBUG, what is it and
how do I use it?

Thanks,

Eric Shuman