Question about DOM and XSL

Liang Zou lltous at MSN.COM
Sun Feb 5 23:12:49 EST 2006

Greetings, everyone,

I'm trying to convert GML to SVG. I'm confused by DOM and XSLT processors.
By using the following codes, I can convert GML to SVG. So what is the
difference between DOM and XSL processors, like saxon and so on? Thank you
in advance.

<?php

  // XML, XSLT and HTML files

  $xmlFile   = "C:\ms4w\apps\wfs_ser\airports.xml";

  $xsltFile  = "C:\ms4w\apps\wfs_ser\gml2svg.xslt";

  $svglFile  = "\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\example.svg";

  $filename = "example.html";

  $xsltParam = array( "date" => date( "F j, Y g:i a" ) );

  // Create a DomDocument object from an xml file.

  if( !$domXmlObj = domxml_open_file( $xmlFile ) ) {

    die( "Cannot parse the xml file." );

  }

  // Create a DomDocument object from the xslt file.

  $domXsltObj = domxml_xslt_stylesheet_file( $xsltFile );

  // Create a DomDocument object from the xslt transformation

  // of the xml and xslt file.

  $domTranObj = $domXsltObj->process( $domXmlObj, $xsltParam );

  // Create an svg file of the tranformation

  $domXsltObj->result_dump_file( $domTranObj, $svgFile );