Export data to Shape, DGN, DWG, ...

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Mon Feb 6 10:13:05 EST 2006

> Can someone tell me if it's possible (and how) to export data
> served by MapServer as WMS or WFS to for example Shape, DGN
> of DWG format?

OGC:WMS by nature only provides graphical images of geospatial data, so,
unless you have something like feature recognition tools, or good raster
to vector converters, you cannot do this with OGC:WMS in MapServer.

As OGC:WFS provides OGC:GML support, you can use the ogr2ogr tool
(http://gdal.maptools.org/ogr/ogr2ogr.html) to convert OGC:GML to one of
the supported formats (http://gdal.maptools.org/ogr/ogr_formats.html).

..Tom