MapServer WFS Client: POST body is short

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Tue Feb 7 05:42:13 EST 2006

Hi,

Isn't this just something that was corrected to version 4.8.1? See some
postings with title "MapServer 4.8.1 released" to check that.

-Jukka-

________________________________

Lähettäjä: UMN MapServer Users List puolesta: mvexel (sent by Nabble.com)
Lähetetty: ti 7.2.2006 12:32
Vastaanottaja: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Aihe: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapServer WFS Client: POST body is short

Hi mapserver-users,

This might be more of a MapInfo-related problem than anything else, but I can't really pin it to MapInfo so here it goes;

I'm using MapInfo 8.0 to try and connect to my Mapserver 4.6.1-based WFS Server.
I feed MapInfo the URL:

http://testserver/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/wfs_klic.map&

MapInfo successfully performs and parses a GetCapabilities request. I get the one layer I defined in the layers list. But when I click on that layer I get a

POST body is short

MapInfo suggests it has something to do with a failed DescribeFeatureType request. Is this a MapServer-related thing or is the MapInfo client still flaky?

Thanks,

Martijn van Exel
Bridgis BV