Projection Issues

Neil Saunders n.j.saunders at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 7 17:13:02 EST 2006

Hi All!

Frank; Thanks for that tip, now I'm setting the projection on the layer and
mapserver is doing my translation into merc which is great. However, the
units its projecting it into are meters. If I set, as I have, the units
in the layer projection to be m and the units of the map to be dd then i
get a "[MapServer Error]: msProcessProjection(): unknown unit conversion
id" error.

So I tried to convert my data into a new shapefile so i could re-import
it, using the following command:
ogr2ogr -s_srs "+proj=latlong" -t_srs "+proj
=merc +ellps=WGS84" e:\upload\worldmerc.shp e:\upload\cntry.shp
ERROR 1: Failed to find required field in datum.csv in
InitDatumMappingTable(),
using default table setup.
Failed to transform feature 180.
ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed
translation of layer cntry00

Could anyone suggest what my error is? Whether I can fix it in mapserver
or the data, either would suffice! The end goal being that I have the
data pulled from postgis in the same format as I'm projecting to, so I
can do all the relevent trickery there.

Many thanks in advance,

Neil.