CGI problem

Carl Burn burnsy at VIVIDFISH.CO.UK
Thu Feb 9 11:13:08 EST 2006

Hello List,

I am trying to output a map image using cgi and some search parameters
but have hit a problem.

I created my mapfile in mapedit and have viewed it using mapfactory so
it seems to work fine from that angle, I am able to use the query tool
and see data being returned from my layer. The map is made up of a
single layer of rasters (using a tileindex) and a layer of polygons from
a shp file.
When I try to use just an image by putting the url in the src attribute
of an image tag I am running into some problems. I can generate an image
fine using the following:

http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?
mode=map
&map=mypath\test1rasterandshape.map
&layer=Rasters
&layer=DataPolygons
&mapxy=416049%20383493
&buffer=17500

However when I try to introduce a query using this format:

http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?
mode=itemquerymap
&map=mypath\test1rasterandshape.map
&layer=Rasters
&layer=DataPolygons
&slayer=DataPolygons
&qlayer=DataPolygons
&qitem=DataColumn
&qstring=mystring

I get a map output at smaller size than specified in my map file and it
is badly pixellated.
If I try to use any other mode (except for map-which simply generates a
map at full extents) then my image displays as a broken link and no
image is generated.
Any help or pointers please??

Burnsy