Zoom to maximum bounding extent of selected features (PostGIS)

Jennifer Shanks jennifer at GREENINFO.ORG
Mon Feb 13 17:21:24 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm attempting to customize a query tool written in PHP/Mapscript
that selects features from a PostGIS database and highlights them on
the map.  I'd like to also zoom to the maximum bounding extents of
the selected features.

Does anyone have any code samples that I could look at?

Would I use the PostGIS extent function to get the maximum extent of
selected features?  Once I have the extent, could I then use the
zoomrectangle method of the MapObj class?

It seems as though I will need to do some calculations in order to
get the correct parameters for zoomrectangle.

Any guidance or code snippets would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Jennifer

Jennifer Shanks
GreenInfo Network
116 New Montgomery, Suite 738
San Francisco, CA 94105
(415) 979-0343 x 306
(415) 979-0371 FAX
**GreenInfo has completely re-done our web site
Go to: www.greeninfo.org