Layer not displaying UNLESS name is set to "TABCAB"?

Jelmer Baas baas at SPEERIT.NL
Tue Feb 14 11:05:51 EST 2006

Hello again, list,

Once again, I have a very odd problem (though my last problem (the
crash) isn't solved yet). I have multiple layers in my map, but there's
ONE layer that doesn't show up...

	LAYER
		NAME "TABCON"
		TYPE LINE
		STATUS ON
		CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
		CONNECTION "data\TABCON.TAB"
		STYLEITEM "AUTO"
		CLASS
			NAME "Tubes"
		END
		MINSCALE 1
		MAXSCALE 40000000
	END

The silly thing is, that it DOES show up when I set the name to
"TABCAB"! Any clues as to why this is? I attached the layer as a ZIP file.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

On a seperate note, I seem to be unable to get the styles set up
properly. Using OGRINFO, I found out that these layers are drawn using
"mapinfo-pen-2.ogr-pen-0". I should be ablo to have some control over
this in my symbols file, shouldn't I?

And last, is there any way to override the LABEL settings, when a layer
is set to STYLEITEM "AUTO" ? I have multiple colours in my layer, so I
have to let it work on AUTO, but I ALSO want to have LABELs!

Hopefully someone can help me with these questions. I'm almost there! :D

Regards,
Jelmer Baas