Virtual Globe

Jørn Vegard Røsnes jorn at SPACETEC.NO
Wed Feb 15 08:11:51 EST 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 14:02, Sebastian Albrecht wrote:
> Hi Jørn,
>
> > You have to edit the <wms-texture-set> element in the .vgml file and make
> > your WMS server open for the Virtual Globe server (if you're behind a
> > firewall).
>
> So Virtual Globe won't call my WMS directly in my network but will ask
> at the Virtual Globe server to retrieve the WMS maps?!

I don't know how this is implemented exactly.
What I know is that VG uses a tailored projection that is better suited for
northern areas, ref. http://globe.sintef.no/documentation/projection.html

I assume the images from 3party WMS servers are warped in the VG server before
they are sent to the VG client.

cheers
Jørn