Polar reprojection (again)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Feb 16 16:09:03 EST 2006

Christopher Condit wrote:
> I asked about this a while ago – but got nothing.  I’m trying again…
> Anyone know about this??
>

> I’ve got a mapfile that draws perfectly in epsg:4326 – with both raster
> and vector data (also in epsg:4326).
>
> Under certain application conditions, I need to re-project the map into
> a polar view.  To do this I change projection string to
>
> PROJECTION
>
> "proj=laea"
>
> "lat_0=-90"
>
> END
>
> This works very well for all of my vector data, but none of my raster
> data appears.  The raster data is in AAI/Grid format.  Will this raster
> format not re-project?  Should I use a different projection string?

Chris,

The problem isn't the projection string or the specific raster file format.
It presumably relates to messy issues with polar reprojection and raster i
general.  Can you bundle up a sample map and data that I can use to
reproduce your problem?  I may be able to provide advice or fix things up
a bit.

Best regards,