No subject

Philip Stephens phil.stphns at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 24 02:10:06 EST 2006

Hello,
I'm new to MapServer and I'm trying to get the gmap demo from ka-map
to run on my MacOSX -10.4.5.  I have installed MapServer 4.8.  I have
setup the Itasca demo--works well.  I'm working toward putting the ka-
map viewer interface on top of MapServer.

  I've made the AddType edits in my httpd.conf, and also in the
php.ini file.  Before making those changes, the page returned
nothing.  I get the following errors when I call "http://localhost/
gmap/gmap75.phtml".

Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library './
php_mapscript.so' - (null) in /Library/WebServer/gmap/htdocs/
gmap75.phtml on line 54

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_POST_VARS in /Library/WebServer/gmap/
htdocs/gmap75.inc.php on line 40

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_GET_VARS in /Library/WebServer/gmap/
htdocs/gmap75.inc.php on line 42

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ms_GetVersion() in /Library/
WebServer/gmap/htdocs/gmap75.inc.php on line 51

I have two php_mapscript.so files, both of which I've made
executable.  They are located at :

/usr/local/php4/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429
and :
/usr/local/php4cgi/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429

When I initially installed the binaries, I installed both mapserver
packages, "mapserver-php4apache.pkg" and "mapserver-php4cgi.pkg"  I
learned later that both could be installed but only one can run. I
don't know if my inability to direct which package is "driving" is
causing the present difficulty or not.

Any help will be appreciated,
thanks.
Phil