compile problems on osx

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Fri Feb 24 10:12:57 EST 2006

Cool.

Two reasons to build a separate ming: PHP's is old, at least PHP4's.
And then it's also available to MapServer (OUTPUT=SWF is missing in
yours).

Looks like Blaise answered the TIFF question for you.  GDAL.

On Feb 24, 2006, at 2:14 AM, Mark Wright wrote:

> Thanks for the help. It is working. And ming turned out to be much
> easier than expected since it didn't actually have to be compiled
> seperately. PHP 5 comes with it as long as you configure with
> --with-ming
>
> One question I have is regarding tiff input. PHP info gives me this:
>
> MapServer version 4.8.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
> OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
> SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
> SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR
> INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
>
> There is no mention here of tiff or geotif input. Do I need to specify
> this when I configure or does gdal take care of this?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan