Keysize for raster legend

Jørn Vegard Røsnes jorn at SPACETEC.NO
Wed Jan 4 10:21:10 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm using mapserver to visualize satellite derived products on a raster
 format (tif) with a raster legend embedded into the image.

Attached is a screen shot visualizing my problem.
The screenshot shows a sea surface temperature layer but I'm not getting the
color bar legend that I expected.
The strange thing is that if I don't specify the LEGEND -> KEYSIZE tag
but using the default
values "20 10",  the color legend looks ok but is too small to read.

Attached is also the colorbar jpg that should be embedded as a legend.
I am using the KEYIMAGE tag in the map file to include the legend file.

Below is an extract of the map file.

Another question related:
LEGEND -> KEYSIZE gives a general size of the legend.
Is it possible specify the size of a layer's legend?
It is often necessary/nicer to have different size of legends of different
layers.

cheers
Joern Vegard Roesnes

MAP
NAME DEMO
STATUS ON
SIZE 600 600
UNITS METERS
SHAPEPATH "data"
FONTSET "fonts.txt"
EXTENT -72493.34 5453045.5 100000 8922059.5
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
IMAGETYPE png

   PROJECTION
     "init=epsg:32633"
   END

   WEB
     HEADER demo_header.html
     TEMPLATE demo.html
     FOOTER demo_footer.html
     IMAGEPATH "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/tmp/"
     IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
   END

   LEGEND
        STATUS EMBED