G-delivery service

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Sun Jan 8 18:55:23 EST 2006

Bart,

Sounds great. These methods of data requests are popular in Australia
too, and are much preferred over having to wait a week (or more) for
your data.

I'd be careful with having too many controls in the application, though.
It appears to have more functionality than it may need for its purpose,
which may scare people off a bit, if they are not familiar with it.
Maybe you could use tabs to hide the ones less often needed?

Also, make sure potential buyers understand that the downloaded data may
not look the same (symbolisation,colours, etc.) when downloaded. We get
that problem a lot when our draftspeople want to import GIS data. For
this reason, our draftspeople are often more satisfied with a rendered
image (ECW), looking like the original topographic GIS map. Maybe you
want to consider raster as an output format too?

I'm sure this application will be very successful. Looks great, too.

Regards,

Jacob